Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

One of my mom's classics.  I am not really a casserole fan, but I LOVE this one, and so does my family.  Sure to please!

INGREDIENTS


4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 pound broccoli florets, cooked
2 cans condensed cream of chicken/mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice (optional)
1/2 tsp. curry powder (optional)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup dry stuffing mix
4 tbls. butter

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Boil chicken in water with some chicken bouillon until tender and shred or cut into bite size pieces OR shred a rotisserie chicken. Meanwhile, steam broccoli until crisp but tender.

3. In a small bowl mix together the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder. Set aside.
 
4. In a 9x13 inch baking dish layer the chicken, broccoli, soup mixture, and cheese. Toss dry stuffing mix with melted butter and sprinkle over the top and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.

2 comments:

johanna said...

I totally made this earlier this week! It was awesome. I didn't use curry powder though. I kind of found a few recipes and then took those to 'wing' a new one. It was great!

Anonymous said...

my mom made it with the curry but she used Miracle whip instead of mayo. It was wonderful.