Thursday, June 4, 2009

Green Chile Chicken

I LOVE the green chile chicken from Bajio so I experimented and made my own version that is super simple, and pretty good! You can put it on a salad, in a burrito, enchiladas, quesadillas or even just plain on rice. Kind of a sweet chicken with a mexican twist

INGREDIENTS:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (my latest trick is to just tear apart a $5 cooked rotisserie chicken so I don't have to cook it!  So great)
1-2 tablespoons butter
2 small cans chopped green chilis
1/2 cup salsa or enchilada sauce (your choice...I use green salsa)
1 onion, sliced
3-4 tbls tbls brown sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
cumin, to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook chicken and onions in butter until chicken is cooked thoroughly

2. Add the remaining ingredients, let simmer for a while and taste. Add more sauce, spices or sugar as needed.

YUM!

0 comments: