Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

WOW!! Do these not look so good? Have fun with this recipe!  Definitely a yummy surprise. Somebody remember to serve these at my funeral when I die. I don't want funeral potatoes and pork & beans served at my funeral, they may be white trash, but they are gross. I make white trash taste good! :)

**For those concerned about this recipe's origin, a friend told me about the recipe on allrecipes.com....not sure where they got it, and I don't care, it's fun, yummy and worth sharing!!

INGREDIENTS
Prepared cookie dough
1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (You can also use chocolate, if you'd like)
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup canola oil
3 eggs
DIRECTIONS

1. Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls; place onto a baking sheet, and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.

2. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.

3. Beat 3 eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer to break up. Add the cake mix, water, and oil; continue beating for 2 minutes on medium speed. Spoon into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 full. Place a frozen cookie dough ball on the top center of each cupcake.

4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake portion of the cupcake (not the cookie dough ball) comes clean, about 18-20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.

Be sure not to overbake...you want the cookie dough gooey, not cooked.

Frost them as you like!

3 comments:

Kris Kanenwisher said...

They look delicious.
But really, a label called "my funeral" ? That's creepy.
Good thing I'm going to have to try making those.

Kristina said...

FYI - I love White Trash Recipes. One of my favorite blogs. Keep it up! I'm doing your chicken pot pie this week - STOKED. :)

Suz said...

I use allrecipes.com all of the time which is no secret...this blog is not for anything other than a fun site to share my collection of recipes I have found and really like.

Some of my recipes are passed to me by friends, or found on various websites, or who knows where, I just post them as a good tried and true collection.

For the record, 95% of the people who look at my blog are friends and family, and being "found out" seems somewhat of a ridiculous claim especially since I never say these are my personal made-up recipes.

If you have an issue with me using the picture, I have no problem taking it down, it's not a big deal. I'm not making money off of this site, nor is it illegal to share the recipes, in fact, allrecipes.com does not copyright the recipes and/or photos because they are user submitted, they simply copyright their own allrecipes.com logo, name, design, arrangement, etc.

And thanks for the Twinkie link! Those look really fun!