Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Asparagas

Our favorite veggie.

And here is my favorite cooking suggestion:

Rinse asparagas and break off the ends
Line pan with foil, and layer the asparagas in it
Toss with olive oil
Sprinkle with your favorite spices (my personal favorite is a family friend's Secret Spice, but even salt and pepper works great!)
Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until slightly crunchy, but tender (Temp isn't too important, typically, about 350, but I just throw it in with whatever else I'm cooking)

Enjoy!

You can also chop them up and fry in the skillet, but they don't tend to have the same perfect crunch.

2 comments:

sarahflorida said...

All your recipes look amazing, I'd love to try some of them once I have more time to cook :). I definitely bookmarked your site!

Anonymous said...

For a 'high class' version I top with whole slices of pepperoni and cherry tomatoes, the meat goes crispy and the tomatoes go plump in the oven, yum