Thursday, September 3, 2009

Peaches & Cream Pie

Our friend Margo brought us the most heavenly pie a couple weeks ago.  I LOVE fruit.  Since I was 5, you ask me what my favorite food is, and I have always said fruit. I'll be honest, though, I am not so much a fruit pie fan, until I tasted this.  I requested the recipe thinking it might be a bit too gourmet for the site, but Margo pulled through for me!  Frozen pie shells, TANG and Cool Whip....it will be a classic!!  Thank you, thank you!

RECIPE:

2-pre-cooked pie shells (I don't make pie crust so I use the Marie Calendar's frozen shells), cooled.


Glaze:
1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
1 1/3 c. H20
1/2 c. Sugar
6 tsp TANG (Yup its white trash too!)
2 tsp lemon juice

Combine, bring to boil. Boil for 1 min. Cool completely.

Filling:
1 8-oz package cream cheese
1 small tub cool-whip
1/2 c. Sugar
Mix together and spread in bottom of pie crust.

Layer sliced fresh peaches and top with glaze.

0 comments: