Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Buttermilk Syrup

My neighbors got me hooked, this stuff is awesome! You can used it for waffles, pancakes, German pancakes, whatever, everyone who has it LOVES it.

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium-large saucepan, stir together the sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup, and baking soda. Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla. It will overboil, so just be careful.

-The recipe says it will serve 16, I say closer to 8-10 because everyone will have seconds.

1 comments:

Collette & Barrett Hicken said...

If this is what I think it is, I am sooo going to love you for this!! But my figure won't....
Thanks Suz. I miss you!