Saturday, July 26, 2008

Chicken Salad

This is a classic, and it's amazing! I'll give credit where credit is due, too. I got this from my neighbor's mom, Kathleen out of a church cookbook...you gotta' love Mormon cooking! :)

INGREDIENTS:
6 large chicken breast halves, cooked, cooled & diced (or, you can do the WT thing and use 2-3 cans of shredded chicken)
1 lg. can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup diced celery
3/4 cup chopped green onion (just the white part)
3/4 cup slivered almonds (add just before serving)
salt & pepper to taste (or, for my family, Daddy Don's Secret Spice)
1 cup grapes, cut in half (optional)
30 mini croissants (Sam's Club has the best!)

Dressing:
1 cup Ranch dressing (The recipe calls for "Litehouse Ranch Dressing" but I'm sure any ranch will work)
1 cup mayonnaise

DIRECTIONS:
Mix well and fill criossants just before serving.

TA DA!

DIRECTIONS:

0 comments: