Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Broccoli Beef

I found this recipe and thought I'd try it because it had such rave reviews, but I never thought I'd love it more than take-out chinese Broccoli Beef. I've now made it several times and my neighbor has too, and we all love it. It is really good, and definitely healthier than take out. Enjoy!


INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 pound boneless round steak, cut into bite size pieces (I use whatever steak I have on hand)
1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
**I add a little Cayenne Pepper or Red Pepper flakes to add a little kick. Also, I double the beef broth just to make it more saucy.

DIRECTIONS
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, broth, sugar, and soy sauce. Stir until sugar and flour are dissolved.

2. In a large skillet or wok over high heat, cook and stir beef 2 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Stir in broth mixture, ginger, garlic, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens.

0 comments: