Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Can Can Shepherd's Pie

So, I never liked Shepherd's Pie, and Aaron has said a few times that his mom always made it and he doesn't really like it, but I got desperate today and didn't want to go to the store, so I created my own version, and it was good!! Aaron's exact words were, "I don't want to say this too loud, but this was pretty dang good!" (He hates making his mom feel bad.)

Anyway, I used canned roast beef, but leftover pot roast I'm sure would be great.

INGREDIENTS:
2 cans roast beef (found by the tuna)
1 small onion, chopped (or a bag of onion soup would be good I'm sure)
2 beef bullion cubes
1 can chopped tomatoes (I had the garlic and chives mix)
1 can corn
1 can green beans
4 (or so..) cups of mashed potatoes, prepared (I used one of the mini bag of instant from Costco)
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. In skillet, mix roast beef (with juice from can), bullion cubes, can of tomatoes and onion or onion soup mix. Heat until onions are tender and bullion cubes are dissolved

3. Pour in 9 x 13 dish. Top with corn and green beans

4. Spread mashed potatoes on top of beef and veggies

5. Cover with cheese and cook for about 30 minutes.

Serve with a can of bisquits fresh out of the oven and you've got yourself a classic, white trash meal!

1 comments:

Kris Kanenwisher said...

Interesting. I tried the Hawaiian beef and it was awesome. Next time I would take it easy on the ginger and put in more sugar. Tonight we did shrimp/corn chowder and I said something about shrimp poop and Lydia was on it for about ten minutes. I learned to never talk about your food like it can poop.