Monday, September 24, 2007

W.T. Chicken Enchiladas

I thought I better post something you can actually make for dinner. Sorry, I don't have a picture, but if any of you make it and remember to snap a shot, send it to me, otherwise, I'll have to add one later,

This one is for Natty to make her husband happy one night when she needs it the most. I learned to make these in Young Women's years ago and it is still one of my favorite recipes. (Just as a warning, I don't really know the exact measurements and I always usually end up making a 9 x 13 and 8 x 8 pan full of enchiladas, but these usually go pretty fast and, if not, make great leftovers.)

Ingredients:

1 bag tortillas (10 would be plenty)
1 pint Sour cream
1 can cream of chicken
1 small can chiles (optional)
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 1-2 cans chicken, my White Trash secret for just about any recipe)
Lots of shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. If using chicken breasts, cook the chicken and then shred it using 2 forks. You can also cut it into small pieces if you aren't in the mood to shred. Tip: If you think about it early enough, chicken in the crock pot with a little water and some onions that has cooked all day on low is super moist and easy to shred, and also has really good flavor. Also, the BBQ makes for some good, moist chicken, and is super fast

If using canned chicken, open the can. :)

3 Mix together sour cream, cream of chicken, a handful of cheese and chiles. Spread some on the bottom of your pan (just enough to coat the pan)

4. Put aside about a cup and a half of the sourcream mixture to put on top of the enchiladas

5. Mix the rest of the sour cream stuff with your chicken

6. Spread a hefty spoonful of chicken mixture in a line on the tortilla and roll up.

7. Line the pan with the enchiladas seams down, top with the rest of the mixture, and cover with cheese

8. Cook for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly

9. Yum, yum!

1 comments:

Kris Kanenwisher said...

I'll try this one. Sounds good. Could you post the chicken pot pie? (While we're on the canned chicken kick)