Thursday, September 27, 2007

Meatloaf for Non-Meatloaf Lovers

A white trash recipe blog would not be complete without a meatloaf recipe. I was never a mealoaf fan until I finally decided I needed to make meatloaf for my hubby and I might as well try to find a recipe that I like too. SO, I found this recipe online, made a few little changes, and not only do I love it, but Aaron says it's the best meatloaf he's ever had.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons steak sauce

TOPPING
2 tbls brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup mustard
2 tablespoons of that Worts sauce (I don't know how to spell it and I don't want to look it up)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Stir the ground beef, Ritz crackers, Cheddar cheese, and onion soup mix in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk the eggs, ketchup, and steak sauce in a separate bowl until smooth. Mix the eggs into the meat until evenly combined, if the mixture seems too dry, add a little water. Press into a 9x5 inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf looking thing and stick it in a cake pan lined with foil.

3. Mix topping ingredients together and pour over meatloaf

4. Bake in preheated oven about 45 to 60 minutes until meatloaf is 160 degrees inside

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Worcestershire sauce - pronounced 'woosta-sure' of course ;)