Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cheesy Meatball Soup

My kids love those frozen meatballs you get in a huge bag from Costco so I am always looking for new recipes to make with them (you can only do Grape Jelly and Chili sauce so many times.)

I decided to try making a soup with them one day and this is what I came up with.  Surprisingly, it was really good!

INGREDIENTS
**Disclosure:  I threw this together, measurements are estimates...use your best judgment**
4-5 red potatoes cut up into bite sized pieces (I didn't bother peeling them but you obviously could)
3 tbls butter
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup green pepper, diced
1 can sliced carrots, drained
1 cup chopped broccoli
6 cups broth or water with bouillon (I did beef, but chicken would be fine)
20 or so meatballs (however many you'd like)
2 tsp Tabasco sauce (optional)
1 jar of processed cheese or 1/2 of the large package of Velveeta cheese

DIRECTIONS

1. Boil potatoes for about 10 minutes until softened a little bit. Drain and set aside

2. In large pot, sautee onion and peppers (you can add celery, too) in the butter until onions are transleucent

3. Add potatoes, carrots, beans, broccoli (and any other veggies you'd like, i.e. corn, beans, etc.) , broth,, meatballs and bring to boil.  Simmer for 15-20 minutes.

4. Add Tabasco sauce and cheese.  Stir until cheese is melted.

ENJOY!

0 comments: